Drinking Fountain in Vale Park, 1954 and 2016
The drinking fountain in Vale Park was donated to the town by Councillor Thomas Sherriff in 1914. It was designed by Fred Taylor and was sited originally in Kingsbury which at the time only had a water pump and one or two trees occupying the central area. It was removed in 1929 and re-erected in Vale Park in 1932. It's been a long time since anyone had a drink from it as the tap has since been removed.